As businesses in the Greater Hamilton region adapt to “Business as Unusual”, there are a number of National and State resources that can help you to form a COVIDsafe plan for your business.
Here is a guide to the most useful checklists and trusted sources of guidance, whether you’re re-opening after a period of closure or you’re adapting to the changed environment.
1) Create a COVIDsafe Plan.
All Australian Governments have agreed to a set of National COVID-19 Safe Work Principles to help guide you and ensure that workplaces are healthy and safe.
A COVIDSafe Plan for your workplace is an essential element to a COVIDSafe Australia, and is required through each stage of restriction easing.
- See Website: National COVID-19 Coordination Commission – Resources.
- Use this COVIDSafe Plan template to help your business prepare a plan for the different stages of the pandemic.
2) Use the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Checklist
Become a member for free for the next 12 months and download the handy checklist to assist businesses to keep their employees and customers safe as they restart business.
- Website: VCCI COVID-19 Resources for Business
- Join VCCI for FREE to access this editable Restart Checklist.
3) Check the SafeWork Australia Resources
Use the handy tool on SafeWork Australia’s website for information on COVID-19 and work health and safety. It allows you to download checklists for your industry and includes resource kits to assist you reopen your business, including downloadable signage and posters.
- Website: safeworkaustralia.gov.au
4) Business Victoria
Business Victoria has collated a page full of business support, advice and information to help you deal with coronavirus. They overview the support available to businesses and provide links to more resources such as a Q&A for opening restaurants, CPA high-level tips and tax information.
- Website: Business.vic.gov.au
5) Department of Health and Human Services
For general COVID-19 Information and advice for the business and industry (non-healthcare) sector, the Department of Health and Human Services website has some regularly updated resources and links, plus some insightful FAQ’s.
- Website: dhhs.vic.gov.au
For assistance navigating the COVID-19 pandemic, contact Southern Grampians Shire Council’s Economic Development and Tourism Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.